This episode is focused on digital marketing strategies for
2019 has presented several successful paradigms in the world of digital marketing
95% of organisations have increased their Digital Marketing Spend,
9 out of 10 marketing professionals expect their Digital Marketing budget to grow
41% of marketing professionals expect to invest more than $500,000.00 into their Digital Marketing spend
Sources Target Marketing/ Inc/ Digital Marketing Institute
- Internet penetration is also growing rapidly in developing markets hence there will be opportunities for growth in the digital marketing and advertising space. Over half a billion people on the African continent accessed the internet according to Council on Foreign Relations (CFR)
- Across Africa internet coverage is growing but internet prices are not dropping fast enogh.
On key question to discuss going into 2020 is how internet data prices will affect social media and digital products in general?
There are other hot trends marketing industry people are also looking at such as
Shoppable Posts on Instagram
- Micro Influencer (We will talk about influencer marketing and how it works)
- Interactive Emails
- Building strong personal brands
- Vanity Metrics
Marketing Industry Predictions for 2020
Below are some predictions of the future in the marketing sphere.
- Many people will begin to order online. Although one-click payment is something we struggle with, ordering online and paying on delivery will grow even exponentially
- Digital currencies such as Bitcoin will continue to spur conversation about trade and finance and how we need open systems that can encourage cross border trade
- Data and analytics will be a key resource that will help businesses make informed decisions about product testing, marketing, pricing amongst others
- Research can be carried out in much simpler and cost free forms
- Brands will be serious about their online reputation and more community managers will be employed to monitor brand reputation and correct brand notion where necessary
- A lot more brands will hire agencies to help them with their digital strategies